- n° 0 “orso” cordonnet
- n° 4 “orso” cordonnet
- n° 40 mercerised thread
- n° 50 mercerised thread
- n° 80 mercerised thread
- n° 100 mercerised thread
Project for a brooch
Seams are executed with a pedal sewing-machine following all the design profiles within which the guipure and external support for the Venice point lace will be carried out.
- triple Greek with a Greek line
- Greek netting
- fixed Sacolà
- light Sacolà
- simple Bars
- three-fold Rosettes with picot
- eight-fold Rosettes with picot
- four-fold Vovetto (small egg) with a Rosette and no picot
6. BURANO POINT
Rede macà or bruised Net
7. FLAT RAISED-WORK
made by applying a thin thread (80) onto a cordonnet thread (0) by small points following the profiles of the design, whose shapes have been filled in by the guipure.
RAISED GROS-POINT may be obtained in two ways:
- adding a cordonnet thread (0) to the flat raised-work by buttonhole stitch (called scallop by the embroiderer)
- applying a metal thread along the outer border paired with a cordonnet thread, linked together by the buttonhole stitch, over which a three stitch scallop is executed.
Having completed the border with the buttonhole stitch and three stitch scallops, the artefact is turned upside-down and one proceeds to detach it from the various layers of fabric and paper cutting the warping with a cutter and finally eliminating the fragments of remaining threads by means of tweezers.
9. FINISHED BROOCH
10. ANOTHER BROOCH SAMPLE
- Creme by 13; creme by 7, light sacolà; fixed sacolà; double Greek (=guipure)
- Venice point: row of bars with picot
- Burano point: net with creme on 7 rows.
- Raised-work: flat; twisted; Gros point.